1. CONTRACTING PARTIES
- 1.1. The Terms and Conditions detailed herein contain the entire contract between you and The Wanderlust (The Wanderlust, Lda), society headquartered in Rua Pedro Álvares Cabral, nº25, 3800-544 Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal, registered at the Commercial Registry of Aveiro with the single registration and legal person 513 242 660 and RNAVT Register No. 4989. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised officer or director of The Wanderlust.
- 1.2. The Wanderlust is not a carrier or hotelier nor does it own aircraft or hotels. All bookings with carriers, hoteliers and other service providers are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those carriers, hoteliers, and other service providers. Please note that some of these limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. Whilst we cannot accept any responsibility for any loss as a result of such actions or as a result of any act or omission of any such third-parties, we will give every reasonable assistance in helping to resolve any reasonable dispute. Please also note that The Wanderlust cannot be held responsible for the failure of any of these parties to provide facilities or services for handicapped clients (see also 5 under Holiday Details & Conditions).
- 1.3. The Terms and Conditions detailed herein for participation are complemented by the travel program in which you reserve, that constitutes the particular conditions of participation in the holiday.
- 1.4. By contracting The Wanderlust, you recognize and accept all the established Terms and Contitions.
The liability of The Wanderlust is guaranteed by a liability insurance with Zurich Insurance Company and the Travel Guarantee Fund and Tourism of Turismo de Portugal, under the legislation in force.
1. YOUR RESERVATION
On receipt of your payment, subject to availability and at our discretion, The Wanderlust will reserve your place on your selected holiday. A contract is made between you and The Wanderlust, only upon your booking being confirmed and accepted by us and our communication thereof to you.
2. PRICE GUARANTEE
Those in the program prices are based on costs of services and exchange rates prevailing at the date of programming and may therefore be subject to change. No surcharge in respect of costs or currency fluctuations will be made within 45 days of the commencement of the land content of any holiday or once payment of the 30% of your land tour has been received. The price of your travel arrangements can be varied due to changes in transportation costs such as fuel, scheduled airfares and any other airline that are part of the program. The price of your travel arrangements can also be varied due to government action such as changes in VAT or any other government imposed changes and currency changes in relation to an exchange rate variation.
Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 15 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice. Whether you cancel or not you will also be entitled, on the terms set out in respect of major changes in clause 3.3 below, to accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements from us if we are able to do so.
3. IF WE CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY
- 3.1. The Wanderlust, reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
- 3.2. Should change or cancellation prove necessary we will give you reasonable notice thereof, in the circumstances, and where available, offer you a comparable alternative. Where cancellation is necessary, a minimum period of 45 days notice before your departure will be given by us unless the circumstances leading to the cancellation were beyond our reasonable control.
- 3.3. If an alternative is not available or acceptable you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to The Wanderlust, without payment of any transfer fee.
- 3.4. If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic or health risk, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond The Wanderlust’s control) we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
- 3.5. The Wanderlust is not responsible for the cost of any other travel arrangements affected due to cancellation or the rescheduling of any holiday.
4. HOLIDAY DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
- 4.1. The information in our website is correct to the best of our knowledge, but we cannot guarantee that any item or amenity mentioned will be available especially where we have no direct control over it.
- 4.2. The Wanderlust will do its best, at its discretion, to select accommodation, sightseeing tours and transportation to give you good value for money.
- 4.3. The Wanderlust constantly strives to improve tour itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels.
All monies paid by you to The Wanderlust, whether in respect of 30% or full payment, may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit, in respect of the services to be provided and/or fees payable under your selected holiday. The payment of 30% or any other monies in respect of your holiday shall be deemed to be an authorisation for disbursement thereof as aforesaid.
1. BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY
- 1.1. In order to reserve your holiday, a payment of 30% or the full amount within 45 days of your tour departure, must be submitted to The Wanderlust by you in respect of that holiday. The payment is accepted as a first instalment of the holiday price or full payment by The Wanderlust only once the booking has been confirmed in writing by The Wanderlust.
- 1.2. Your land reservation will be confirmed on receipt of a 30% of the value of your holiday, which must be within 3 days of booking (in case of bank transfer payment) or the reservation will automatically be cancelled.
- 1.3. Any special meal requirements will be made on a request basis only. The Wanderlust cannot guarantee special meal requests nor will it assume any responsibility or liability if clients’ special meal requirements are not fulfilled.
2. PAYING THE BALANCE
- 2.1. The balance of the holiday price must be paid by no later than 45 days before the scheduled holiday departure date which shall be by the due date stated on the confirmation issued to you by The Wanderlust.
- 2.2. If payment isn’t made by the due date, The Wanderlust may assume that you have cancelled and cancellation charges in accordance with clause 3 below will be levied by The Wanderlust.
- 2.3. Any travel documents will not be forwarded until full payment has been received by us.
- 2.4. In the case of Late Bookings made within 45 days of your departure, the full cost of the holiday will be payable immediately on booking and we reserve the right to provide all travel documents at the holiday departure point.
- 2.5. The Wanderlust reserves the right to cancel the booking and apply cancellation charges should payments not be received within the above specified periods.
3. IF YOU CANCEL
- 3.1. Notice of cancellation must be made to The Wanderlust in writing as soon as possible.
- 3.2. You, or any member of your party, may cancel your tour at any time providing that the cancellation is made by the lead name in writing. Notice of cancellation will be effective upon receipt by us of your written communication. As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will retain your 30% paid and in addition will apply other cancellation charges as shown below. These charges are based on period of notice and are a percentage of the total cost of your booking. If you want to cancel one or more passengers on the booking you will have to pay a proportion of the applicable cancellation charge based on the number of passengers you wish to cancel from the booking:
|Period of notice||Cancelation Fee|
|Up to 60 days||Loss of the 30% paid unless booking (and the amount paid) is transferred to a new booking for a trip departing within 1 year|
|Between 60 to 0 days||100% (in the specific case of the trip Transiberian Rout, the period of notice is between 75 to 0 days)|
- 3.3. Percentages are relative to the payment done by you to us to booking confirmation or payment of the entire holiday.
- 3.4. Travel insurance after being signed, have no refund. Any expenses that The Wanderlust has incured, have no refund.
- 3.5. When it is appropriate, you will be refunded the difference between the amount paid and the above amounts.
- 3.6. If the reason for cancellation falls within the terms of any holiday insurance policy which you hold, then any such charges may, subject to the terms of your insurance policy, be refunded to you by the insurance company.
- 3.7. Any cancellation of additional services booked prior to and after your tour booking, such as pre and post accommodation and transfers, that are cancelled within 45 days of the tour departure incur a 100% cancelation fee.
4. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
- 4.1 If after your booking has been confirmed, you wish to change to an alternate departure date you may do so subject to availability and provided the new holiday date is also in this website.
- 4.2. A fee of €25 per person will be charged for any revision or alteration made to a reservation after the booking is confirmed, unless the change increases the value of the booking. A change of booking within 45 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation and normal cancellation fees will apply (as detailed in section 3) except when the change is to an earlier departure date of equivalent or greater value, in which case a €25 per person amendment fee will be charged.
- 4.3. A name change to a different person will be treated as a cancellation.
5. HOLIDAY DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
- 5.1. Please read the program carefully for those items included in the price. No allowance or refund can be made for meals, accommodation, excursions, etc. that you elect not to take, or when museums, shops, etc are closed. Hotel facilities may vary from place to place. Meals may vary in style.
- 5.2. The Wanderlust strives to provide a safe, enjoyable and memorable travel experience for all travellers. The Wanderlust welcomes tarvellers with special needs or disabilities. However, please note the following:
- Travellers are required to advise The Wanderlust, in advance, of any physical, medical or other special needs that require accommodation.
- All travellers must ensure they are medically and physically fit for travel. The Wanderlust may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the tour. The Wanderlust may also exclude an individual from participating in a tour or an activity if that individual’s participation poses a direct threat to health or safety.
- The Wanderlust does not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses) or services of a personal nature (such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance in eating, assisting with luggage, toileting or dressing,). A companion capable of providing such assistance must accompany any traveller who requires services of a personal nature.
- The Wanderlust does not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the traveller’s expense. The Wanderlust is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on tour, or for the quality of the care or services received.
- Travellers should be aware some tours include rough terrain, extensive walking over cobblestone streets, uneven pavement, steps and locations & overnight accommodations which may not be easily accessible or accessible by wheelchair. During the tour, The Wanderlust may make arrangements with carriers, hotels and other independent suppliers to provide travel services. These parties are independent entities over which The Wanderlust has no control. The Wanderlust cannot guarantee disability access or accommodations for travellers traveling on international tours.
- Travellers are required to carry their own luggage to the transports and also to their rooms, there may be times travellers are required to carry their luggage far distances & up many flights of stairs with no assistance.
- The Wanderlust may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any traveller or remove any traveller who cannot comply or refuses to comply with The Wanderlust’s terms and conditions. The Wanderlust is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a traveller is removed from a tour. Travellers agree not to hold The Wanderlust or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
- 5.3. You are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the holiday.
- 5.4. There may be times when the The Wanderlust leader (Wanderluster) has to make a decision in your best interests or the best interests of their group. You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed The Wanderlust leader and the laws of the country in which you are travelling. If you do not so comply or if, in the The Wanderlust leader’s opinion, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of other members on the holiday or smooth operation of the holiday itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the holiday. We do not tolerate the possession or carriage of illegal or restricted substances (drugs). Furthermore, you agree that your fellow travellers and any The Wanderlust leader have the right to travel/work in a safe environment. Any threats to their safety, well being or inappropriate behaviour by you, whether verbal or physical, will be taken extremely seriously and may result in the immediate termination of your holiday. In such event, you will be responsible for your own repatriation and related costs and have no claims against us.
- 5.5. You are responsible for any costs incurred as a result of damage or excess cleaning fees related to your accommodation. You are advised to immediately report any pre-existing damage in your room to hotel staff and/or a The Wanderlust leader as soon as it is discovered.
- 5.6. The Wanderlust may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any traveller or remove any traveller who cannot comply or refuses to comply with the The Wanderlust’s terms and conditions. The Wanderlust is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a traveller is removed from a tour. Travellers agree not to hold the The Wanderlust or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
- 5.7. Where the traveller occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the operator or service providers, agents or cooperating organisations shall be liable for any illness, injury or death nor any loss, damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of the accident or incident.
- 5.8. It is your responsibility to have a valid passport (minimum of 6 months after you return) and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected holiday as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws.
- 5.9. You agree that our The Wanderlust leader may take photographs and films of you while you are on holiday and that these may be used in our brochures and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
- 5.10. Should you have a complaint in respect of the holiday, you should inform the The Wanderlust leader during the course of the holiday and if the matter cannot be resolved after the leader’s best endeavours to do so during the holiday, your complaint should be made in writing to The Wanderlust as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday, but within 15 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. If you do not write within 15 days, your rights under this contract may be affected. If you choose to write to The Wanderlust via the Internet, please provide your home address so that we are able to reply to you in writing.
You must undertake a travel insurance, which may or may not be purchased from The Wanderlust. Insurance should be adjusted to the duration of your holiday, destination and type of activities. Not subscribing travel insurance or inadequate purchasing a travel insurance, you will be automatically exempt all its service providers partners from any and all liability relating to the risks and consequent costs that you incur by not having carried out the protection that was recommended to you.
7. ILLNESS OR ABSENTEEISM
In the event of your withdrawal from a holiday after the commencement as a result of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. No refunds will be made for any absence from the tour.
8. WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THE HOLIDAY PRICE
Airfares to and from your holiday destination, airport taxes, passport and visa fees, laundry, phone calls, beverages, meals not detailed in the itinerary, tips, items of a personal nature, excess baggage and optional excursions.
9. WEATHER CONDITIONS
Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for weather conditions, nor can any holiday be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of weather conditions.
Luggage is restricted to one reasonable sized and the maximum weight of 15 kilos plus one small hand/day bag that can go on the coach with you. The Wanderlust reserves the right to refuse to accept larger suitcases on tour.
On tours with included flights as part of the itinerary, it is your responsibility to make sure your luggage doesn’t exceed the weight restrictions imposed by airlines. The Wanderlust is not responsible for any costs incurred for overweight luggage.
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Please be assured that we have measures in place to protect the personal booking information held by us. This information will be passed on to the The Wanderlust Leader and to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements within. We will only pass your information on to persons responsible for your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary requirements. (If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, The Wanderlust will be unable to provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.) Where the data might be passed on for marketing purposes, you have the right to opt out of future marketing. You also have a right of access to data held which can be obtained by writing to The Wanderlust, Rua Pedro Álvares Cabral, nº25, 3800-544 Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal.
What passport do you hold? You may require visas for your tour. The Wanderlust do not have a visa service, so we recommend that you contact your local embassy or visa service to obtain visas.